Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unfinished Projects

We all have those piles of unfinished projects in various stages ... fabric with pattern ready to cut out,
cut out, cut out and pinned and even half sewn but got sidetracked.
I thought that if I photograph and share mine it might motivate me to work through them and actually finish them :-)

First up is a skirt for me that has been in the pile the longest (14mths) I'm aiming to do it for this summer so i have a bit of time up my sleeve on this one.

 I have a new obsession with knit fabric since my new Patty Young - Sewing Modkid Style book arrived,  I'm planning to try and sew most of my daughters wardrobe for next year (would start now but she has way too many clothes as it is)  This white and blue spot is going to be a long sleeve top.

 Just cut this dress out this weekend I'm using a pattern i purchased off etsy Heidi and Finn cowl neck dress  can't wait to see how it turns out.
Another stretch fabric project - leggings i used the pattern in the book but then had to change it heaps
as my little miss is super skinny...i still might need to do some more altering as this will be my first ever pair of leggings i have made.

This will be a cordaroy skirt with a ruffle..i have a top to match
this will hopefully be done this week ;-)

I have had this hat sitting cut out since December...but thinking it can wait a few more months now as summer has just left us.

 I found this super cute birdie fabric at Spotlight, i plan to make a peasant top with a sash around the bottom.  Saw a photo on Pinterest for inspiration.

Thought i better make my Little Miss her own Ladybug pleated skirt since they are very popular on my Facebook page - it is all cut out ready to pin and sew.

  I have the back of a size 3 dress cut out in denim just need to pick the material for the front.

 Tops to applique for my kids, hopefully they still fit them by the time i get around to it.

And finally a project for me!!!!  Love this Amy Butler fabric

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Amelia Top - Revamped

So after yesterdays failed attempt at a new pattern - the pattern failed not me ;-p was way too short and the straps/armholes were to tight.  So today I brain stormed with my mum and we came up with two ways to make it fit my little miss better.

First i had to do lots of unpicking, the straps from the main body and the bottom band.
Added a bigger contrast band and bottom band to give it the length needed.
Second problem was the straps/armholes were a bit tight so added a small contrasting band under the straps as well.

Just waiting on my buttons to arrive so I can have a matching fabric covered one.
Woohoo I'm much happier with this version hopefully i can get little miss to wear it.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Amelia top

so this is what I made today...My daughter is very grumpy as I made her try it on when she had just woken up.
i found this pattern on etsy and thought i would give it a go.
I love my fabric choice but I think I am going to have to unpick the bottom band and try and make it longer as it way to short, and its a bit tight under the arm as well but not sure how I'm going to fix that. Still have to add a button as well.
Looks like I'm going to have to play around with the pattern alot to get it to fit better.
I think i will try a completely new top pattern tonight and see if i get better end result.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

We have a Winner!!!

Two weeks ago I started a competition to celebrate my FB page turning 1...guess how many yards i have in my stash...
The winner is Gaylene Rowland she had the closest guess of 164 yds, she wins a $25 Pineapple designs voucher to spend on any ready made stock :-)
I better get sewing...i am not allowed to buy any more fabric (quilters cotton) until i have used up at least 50 yards.