Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pineapple Cheesecake in Tupperware Jel Ring

 
 
Tupperware Jel Ring mould
I have had my jel ring hiding in a cupboard for about 3 years, I remember hunting the internet
for all these yummy recipes to try out but thats as far as I got. I even printed them all out - but I can't find where I put them.   So I decided that I will try
a new Jel-ring mould recipe every week and share my results with you :-)
 
 
 
Pineapple Cheesecake
 
here are the ingredients needed:
 
1/4 of a can of crushed pineapple - around 110g
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
300mls boiling water
1 pkt of pineapple jelly ( i used tropical as it seems NZ doesnt have pineapple jelly)
300mls of cream - whipped
250g cream cheese
juice of 1 lemon
1 pkt sweet plain biscuits - crushed
60g butter - melted
2 Tbsps golden syrup
 
*a little note this needs to be refridgerated 8hrs+,  if you are like me and don't read the
recipe all the way thru and start making it at 2pm for that night.  I put it in the freezer for 2 hours and then the fridge and it just set.
 
 
1. place crushed pineapple and juice in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
Make up jelly using 300mls of boiling water, pour 1/2 cup of the jelly liquid with the
pineapple mixture into the jel-ring and refridgerate to set.
(sorry i forgot to take a photo of this step)
 
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth, gradually add remaining jelly liquid, add lemon juice and whipped cream and leave in fridge till partially set. 
 
3.When partially set beat mixture and pour onto the set pineapple jelly in the jel-ring

 
4. Melt butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan, add crushed biscuits and mix until well coated.
Sprinkle biscuit mixture ontop of cream cheese mixture.
 

 
5. Seal jel-ring and leave in fridge overnight or until set
probably needs around 8 hours in the fridge
 

 
To serve, remove lid and place a serving dish ontop, flip over and then unseal the middle carefully
then remove the ring.

 

 
Ta da!!! serve with whipped cream

2 comments:

Zaylah said...

Oh my this cheesecake was DELICIOUS (hehe I was lucky enough to be there for the unavailing and taste-testing!). And it just looked so fabulous on the plate, such a unique shape. Loved it. Thanks for the great recipe too - will let you know how I get on with it!

Kate said...

Thank you :-)

i'm dreaming up some new cheesecake flavour combinations...so i will need some taste testers