you need to draw to triangles templates, i did mine
head spikes- 2" across bottom
Back spikes - 3" across bottom
then I used a ruler to draw a triangle .
Fold your felt in half and use you template to cut out triangles
for my size 5 hoodie i did 6 for the hood and 5 for the body.
Unfold and you will have felt diamonds like the photo below.
Then pin your diamonds down the centre of the hoodie, small diamonds on the hood larger diamonds on the back, then sew as straight as you can. If you are doing on a pullover hoodie I sewed about halfway from hood to back thenflipped the hoodie around and started from the bottom back to the middle otherwise the hoodie gets all bunched up in the sewing machine.
Then fold your diamonds together to form the spikes and pin.
then sew the 2 side of each spike together, then trim any extra felt to tidy up spikes.
Cream butter and sugar, add zest and beat in the eggs one at a time.
Stir in the flour and lemon juice and fold until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through.
Cool loaf in tin for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool.
Combine icing sugar, butter, and lemon juice, stir until smooth and runny. Spread icing
over cold loaf
We all have those piles of unfinished projects in various stages ... fabric with pattern ready to cut out,
cut out, cut out and pinned and even half sewn but got sidetracked.
I thought that if I photograph and share mine it might motivate me to work through them and actually finish them :-)
First up is a skirt for me that has been in the pile the longest (14mths) I'm aiming to do it for this summer so i have a bit of time up my sleeve on this one.
I have a new obsession with knit fabric since my new Patty Young - Sewing Modkid Style book arrived, I'm planning to try and sew most of my daughters wardrobe for next year (would start now but she has way too many clothes as it is) This white and blue spot is going to be a long sleeve top.
So after yesterdays failed attempt at a new pattern - the pattern failed not me ;-p ...top was way too short and the straps/armholes were to tight. So today I brain stormed with my mum and we came up with two ways to make it fit my little miss better.
First i had to do lots of unpicking, the straps from the main body and the bottom band.
Added a bigger contrast band and bottom band to give it the length needed.
Second problem was the straps/armholes were a bit tight so added a small contrasting band under the straps as well.
Just waiting on my buttons to arrive so I can have a matching fabric covered one.
Woohoo I'm much happier with this version hopefully i can get little miss to wear it.
so this is what I made today...My daughter is very grumpy as I made her try it on when she had just woken up.
i found this pattern on etsy and thought i would give it a go.
I love my fabric choice but I think I am going to have to unpick the bottom band and try and make it longer as it way to short, and its a bit tight under the arm as well but not sure how I'm going to fix that. Still have to add a button as well.
Looks like I'm going to have to play around with the pattern alot to get it to fit better.
I think i will try a completely new top pattern tonight and see if i get better end result.
Today i felt like not sewing orders and doing something for myself for a change :-) I saw these on Pinterest the other day and thought i would give it a go, woohoo i finally managed to find the time do some more craft from Pinterest.
they are really easy and take about 10 minutes, all you need is 25mm wide elastic measure it around your wrist - i used non-roll elastic because thats what i had on hand...then i went through my scrap box for funky fabric and whipped up a few for me and my friends (if they like them that is)
If you want to have a go check out this blog for the tutorial